Spotlight on Kindergarten
At William Carey Christian School, Kindergarten is a learning adventure where students are inspired and equipped to be life-long learners, critical thinkers, confident communicators and caring members of the school and global community. Spotlight on Kindergarten involves a range of fun, hands-on classroom activities for children and parents to experience what Kindergarten is like in the 21st century.
Spotlight on Kindergarten is a free community event for:
- Families of current WCCS Prep students
- Future students of WCCS Kindergarten
- Anyone in the community curious about what William Carey Christian School could offer their 4 or 5 year old child.
Spotlight on Kindergarten will run from 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2017.
Children are encouraged to bring their Teddy Bear or favourite toy. Upon arrival, Teddy is given a Passport to Kindergarten and a map of available activities.
Some activities that Teddy (and his/her accompanying child) can do include:
- A tea party with the Principal
- Typical mathematics activities in a Kindergarten classroom
- A visit to the sandpit to play
- Involvement in a Kindergarten Science investigation
- A story in the school library
- A visit to the computer room
- Using iPads and other reading activities in the classroom.
Come and join us for an afternoon of fun, designed to assist children to have a positive first experience of life at “big school”.
Click here to see some of the photos from last year’s Spotlight on Kindergarten event to get a taste of what great things you will see this year.
Please let us know if you think you can come. We will have your child’s name tag ready as you arrive.
We will have your child’s label and Teddy Bear Passport ready for the afternoon. We will hold your mobile number in case you and your child are separated.