Uniform Shop Hours
- The last trading day for 2017 will be Wednesday, 6th December.
- Over the holidays, the Uniform Shop will open at the following times:
- Monday 22nd, January from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Tuesday 23rd, January from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday 24th, January from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday 25th, January from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
- The Uniform Shop will be open from Monday, 29th January until Friday, 2nd February, 2018 from 8:00 – 3:30 pm.
- Following this, the Uniform Shop will return to its usual trading hours of Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm.
Blazer fittings for all Year 7 students and any other students who require a blazer will be on Wednesday 7th February, 2018 – this is the latest blazers can be ordered for 2018.
Click here to view photographs and an itemized price list of the WCCS uniform.
When wearing the uniform, all students will be able to:
- Look modest and smart
- Feel proud to be a part of our school
- Identify as a student from WCCS to the local community
- Promote the school through the immaculate manner in which the uniform is worn
- Feel that they belong as part of the wider WCCS community
- Look and feel the equal of their peers in terms of appearance
- Be dressed safely and practically for the Australian climate, and for full invlovement in school activities and classes.
The WCCS uniform was chosen in consultation with parents and staff, and is approved by the school Board. The school expects a high standard of personal appearance from all students when attending school, when travelling to and from school, and when participating in school-organised events.
For consistency, convenience and value, all uniform items are to be purchased from the Uniform Shop in CS Lewis house (next to Enrolments). Our staff will use their years of experience to help you choose the right quantity and sizing to best fit your children’s schooling needs.
WCCS is in the process of introducing a compulsory labelled school bag. The implementation of the new school bags will take place as follows:
- 2017 – Prep, Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 7 and Year 8 students are required to have WCCS school bags
- 2018 –Prep to Year 11 students will be required to have WCCS school bags (Year 12 optional)
- 2019 – All students will be required to have WCCS school bags
William Carey’s Uniform Shop is located in CS Lewis House (next to the Enrolments Office) at the front of the school and is the only place from which uniform items can be purchased. This ensures that all students wear the same quality items. We source our garments from quality suppliers, which means that you have access to the best prices and guarantees that you will have a choice of sizes.
As well as standard uniform items, the Uniform Shop stocks other items that are necessary for school, such as: library bags, TAS aprons, scarves, textbook covers, Bibles and calculators. The friendly staff at the Uniform Shop can also embroider a student’s name on to his or her jacket if required.
Please check our school shoe guide to see which designs are deemed to be acceptable and safe. WCCS has partnered with Athlete’s Foot stores in the local area and have brochures available in these stores showing stocked items in approved styles. Whilst we encourage parents to shop around for the best return-to-school shoe offers, Athlete’s Foot have a School Rewards Programme where every pair of school shoes purchased gives $5 back to the school – so make sure you let them know you are William Carey parents when you purchase any shoes.
Hair ties and ribbons are to be in school colours, and jewellery is restricted to watches and small earrings. Makeup and nail polish are not permitted, except for girls in Year Eleven and Year Twelve, who are allowed to wear light makeup.
Please click here to view photographs and an itemized price list of the uniform.
We try to keep a wide range of sizes in uniforms, but if you think your child may need a special order please see the staff as soon as possible.
Uniform Shop Hours
The Uniform Shop’s usual trading hours are 8:00 am – 3:30 pm on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
When your child finishes his or her schooling at WCCS and no longer has a need for the school blazer, we have an offer for you! WCCS provides the option for you to resell school blazers through a consignment agreement with the Uniform Shop. The terms and conditions are available here. Once you have read and understood these terms and conditions, simply bring the blazer to the Uniform Shop where a price will be set and the agreement paperwork will be completed.