The school clinic treats student injuries and illness, and assists students to manage their specific health needs. Registered nurses oversee the health of all students and can administer short term medications, such as antibiotics, and also long term medications to manage medical conditions.
WCCS is an asthma friendly and allergy aware school. School staff are trained to manage asthma and allergy/anaphylaxis events, and a large number of staff have a First Aid Certificate.
The nursing Health Care team, together with the WCCS Wellbeing team, work with families to promote and maintain each child’s physical, emotional and mental health.
The WCCS Health Care Team comprises of three registered nurses;
School Nurse Manager – Mrs Anna Huynh
School Nurse – Mrs Lyndall O’Har
School Nurse – Mrs Olivia Kooistra
To speak to the Health Care team, please call front reception on 9608 2277.
WCCS Medication Documents:
- Medication Authority 2018
- An annual form parents sign to indicate medications authorised to be given to their child.
- Daily Medication Request
- Parents complete this form to request a specific medication be given over a few days or regularly throughout the year.
- Medication Information Letter
- School guidelines related to medication