On the 9th of February, 1984 William Carey Christian School opened with a total enrolment of four students. The school was initially located at the Reformed Church in Liverpool but moved to St Stephen’s Anglican Church in Cabramatta then the Uniting Church in Ashcroft before settling at the current site in Prestons in 1988. In 2009, government funding enabled WCCS to build a Prep School, which has brought the total number of students from Prep to Year 12 to approximately 1,300.
To view the latest WCCS Annual Report please click here for the detailed PDF document. If you have any questions about the content of this report, please email our Director of Teaching and Learning, Mr Michael Nightingale.
A strong membership is essential to help elect the Board of the school, which provides governance over the entire school, and so each member of the School Association is required to agree to a Statement of Faith. Teachers at WCCS can also be Association members and would agree with the statements made. You can read our Statement of Faith here.
The Liverpool/Campbelltown Christian School Ltd. is a company formed, owned and operated by an association of Christians. William Carey Christian School was established by the company to provide low-cost Christian education in the local area. The association is inter-denominational and includes people from different church, social and vocational backgrounds.
Any person applying for membership must be:
President: Mr Chris Gross
Vice President: Mr Phillip Harman
Director: Mr Michael Baker
Director: Rev. Syd Clay
Director: Mr Po Ki Ho
Director: Mrs Patricia Jackson
Director: Mr Vic Smith
WCCS is an independent Christian school and the Association is a self governing, autonomous body incorporated under ASIC and operates as a company with liability limited by guarantee. The Association is made up of members who, through prayer under God, determine the constitution of the Board, and who guide and review the activities of the Board through an Annual General Meeting and three extraordinary meetings each year.
Association members are encouraged to be involved in school activities, where appropriate, and promote the school and the Association where God gives opportunity. The Association takes a strong interest in government policies and funding that relate to independent Christian schools. The school belongs to the AIS NSW (the Association of Independent Schools of NSW) and the AACS (Australian Association of Christian Schools).
Why should I become a member of the Liverpool/Campbelltown Christian School Ltd.?
• To be proactive in pursuing the Christian mission with children’s education at its heart.
• To stay connected through receiving information on our school community, prayer points and current issues impacting WCCS.
• To support evangelistic activities, envisaged by the school Association.
• To be part of a school that demonstrates a deep love for students and families who do not profess Jesus Christ as Lord and encourages those who do.
• A strong Association membership of committed Christians is crucial to continuing the ongoing mission of WCCS. The Association requires people who share a vision for teaching the curriculum from a Christian perspective with Biblical principles and promoting opportunities for all people to hear of God’s love for them.
• Association membership allows you the opportunity to actively participate in the growth, development and ministry of WCCS.
If you are interested in pursuing Association Membership, please fill out the form below.