Progressive Reporting – what do I need to do?
Previously I have written about Progressive Reports to explain that we will soon begin to issue these after each High School assessment task. For the new HSC cohort, progressive reporting will commence in Term 4 this year. For the remainder of the High School it will start in Term 1, 2020.
The purpose of progressive reporting is to support:
* Students – by providing high-quality feedback that directs their learning forward;
* Parents/Carers – by providing timely information about each child’s progress, creating more opportunities to be involved in their learning;
* Teachers – by directing their efforts to where they can do the most good for students.
To begin accessing progressive reports, you will need to use Edumate. Mr Hudson has created an excellent instructional video to show how to go about it.
1. The teacher uses the Edumate Newsfeed to inform parents/students that the results have been released. Newsfeed can be viewed in the school app or by logging into Edumate on a computer.
2. Parents/students log into Edumate and select Progress/Past Tasks. The task now indicates that the results are available. Note that progressive reports can only be viewed when logged into Edumate on a computer. They are not yet visible in the school app – but we’re working on it.
3. Select the task in order to view the Progressive Report.
As with any new system, there are bound to be a few hitches and glitches as we become used to a new way of doing things. Please be patient as we start using the Progressive Reports, knowing that the school is working hard to improve communication and feedback to support every child’s education.
If you have any questions or concerns about the progressive reports, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In His Service,
Director of Teaching & Learning